Thursday, December 8, 2011

Tis the Season

Winter is fast approaching, and Eric and I have been very busy getting ready for the holidays, and enjoying the cooler weather. So last Friday night, yeah I'm playing catch up, Eric and I went to the South Jordan Plaza with our friends Jeff and Jessica from our ward. It was opening night so there was free ice skating and free hot chocolate for everybody! It was cold, but it was so fun, and once I got the hang of my ice skates, I did pretty good! :)

Sorry for the blurriness but our camera died within seconds after we got to the rink so we had to use eric's phone :(

We had so much fun! And I think Eric liked showing off his mad skills on the ice...I on the other hand looked like a baby giraffe trying to stand for the first time haha!


Saturday morning Eric and I woke up and drove right up the road to pick out our very first Christmas tree!! I of course was looking for tall, and Eric was looking for fat, so yep!!! You guessed we ended up taking home a tall fat tree! But it is seriously the most perfect christmas tree and smells AMAZING!!!
Eric had to cut the top off so it would fit!!!

I love my tall tree :)

The rest of the day Eric and I Spent decorating the house and the tree and listening to christmas music. and then Kyli & Dan Came over and we watched Four Christmas's with us! It was a really great day, and it is definitely beginning to feel a lot like Christmas in our little home!
Eric and I chose to do red and gold on the tree this year. The tree is still a work in progress but it looks very pretty when all the lights are off.

Some more little decorations

"And the stockings were hung on the mantel with care."

Our beautiful wreath... We had to do the classic beautiful white light this year. Still working on decorations but these were a few we have up for now :)



No comments:

Post a Comment