Thursday, December 27, 2012

A Bama Christmas

Christmas was a blast this year! It was great to be home in Alabama to spend Christmas with the Winberg crew this year. We missed spending the holidays with the Hale family, but we are grateful for technology and the ability we had to Face-time with the family in Wyoming on Christmas Eve. We went to 3 different Christmas parties this year; one at our house on Christmas Eve,  and two on Christmas day, 1 at my brother's house, one at my Brother-in-law's mother's house, and I guess another little gathering at my aunt's house. It was wonderful to visit with all the family. I also got to go see Les Mis with all the girls Christmas night, and Eric went and saw Jack Reacher with the boys. Les Mis was amazing!!!! I can't stop singing the songs. Did I mention that we did all this while surviving a deadly tornado Christmas day. Petty scary and made for an interesting night. Here are some of the pictures from our southern Christmas.
My nephew Gabe with his Uncle Eric 
Allie with her aunt Nina

The grand-babies

My handsome hubby opening gifts on Christmas Eve!

Host and hostess with the most-est!

Winberg Kids

Winberg kids with the parentals

My mom with her grandkids…believe it or not this was the best picture I could get of the 4! haha

Aunt Lala loving on her baby Allie! She has the Winberg eyes!

My Christmas loot from Santa!!! Love my new Kitchen Aid!! I feel very spoiled and very blessed!! Eric is anxiously awaiting my first batch of homemade chocolate chip cookies using my new mixer!

Christmas dinner at the Wilson home! AMAZING food!

Loving on my baby Gabe! Wish my sister's fam didn't live in Ohio, but very grateful for the opportunity to see them for Christmas!

Here is the tornado caught on tape! We are all safe and experienced no damage, but my mom's boyfriend's house was barely missed…1 block away roofs were ripped off homes, giant oak trees were ripped out of the ground, and his church was destroyed. We pray for those who experienced any loss do to this storm.


Eric and I are excited to be getting away this weekend. We are traveling 3 hours for a little weekend getaway in New Orleans! It will be a first for Eric, so hopefully he will enjoy his first real taste of cajun food, beignets, and anything new he might experience…Bourbon street, cough cough :)

We are very blessed to have wonderful family who love us, and been very blessed this Christmas season! We hope you all had a very Merry Christmas.

1 comment:

  1. Holy freak tornados scare me so much! Yikes. It looks like an awesome Christmas-and yay for Kitchen Aids!!

    ReplyDelete