Monday, December 31, 2012

Resolutions

Every year 90% of people do not reach their  New Year's Resolutions. I actually feel like I did pretty good this year just reaching 1 goal! I actually got accepted into nursing school and we moved to the South, but instead of saving we actually spent most of our savings moving to Alabama. I guess it was worth it to keep resolution #1, and thats what it is there for, but I hate not seeing thousands of dollars in our savings account anymore. I also wasn't as healthy as I would like to be this past year because…and yes here begins…. my list of excuses, but being a college student again has ruined me. I am back to my old eating habits of college life, where a granola bar for breakfast, ramen noodles for lunch, and pizza for dinner happens…. And happens more than it should. I haven't been cooking like I did before I went back to school, and Eric has actually lost weight because of it. Me on the other hand, have not…and I don't feel healthy like I want too. I also never feel like I have or make time for working out, and no longer have a gym membership since we moved, so I really have some work to do. So it is time for me to make resolutions for the year 2013.

Drum Roll………..Here they are: (Lesley's) Resolutions for 2013

1.) Hit my goal weight by July 26, 2013 ( Nursing school graduation day). I'm 5'6" and my goal weight is 125. I don't have too far to go, but I want to be there by graduation day, because Eric and I want to celebrate my graduation with a cruise to the Caribbean with friends and family, and I want to have my ideal body before reaching resolution #2.

2.) Make a baby! I can't believe I am sharing this very personal goal for life, but it's true. Eric and I have been waiting  for me to finish school before starting our family and I will be graduating in July! I don't think we will ever feel ready enough to take on this task financially so we just need to do it and let the puzzle pieces fall into place. 

3.) Start a new career as a nurse. I still have no idea what specialty I would like to work in as a nurse, but my goal is to get hired as a nurse, and start this next new chapter of my life after graduation.

4. ) To buy or begin renting our own home. Eric and I are very blessed right now to be living and renting my mom's home from her, but it won't be long before she is ready to get back into her own space. Eric and I would like to have our own place before this happens :D. No offense mom, we love you…just need our own space.

5.) Help Eric reach his career goals. My poor husband works his bum off to support us, while I go to school and I couldn't be more grateful or proud of him for his work ethic and his dedication and love for me. After I am through with school in July I want to help him reach his own personal career goals. Wherever this may take us, is where we will go!

Bring it on 2013! We are ready to tackle you head on!


!!!!HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

1 comment:

  1. OOOH So excited to hear you're ready for kids this year!! You will make THE CUTEST mommy ever! I had to giggle at your weight loss goal, because before reading your goals I looked at your picture and though "DANG she looks good!!" I totally understand weight loss though and am proud of you! Love ya girl!!

    ReplyDelete