Monday, July 11, 2011

Eric's Spontaneous Birthday Weekend!

Spontaneity!!! Yes thats what this weekend was all about. Thursday I worked half a day, and when I got home Eric and I were sitting around...kinda bored....and I said..."ya know what we should do? Pack right now and go to Star Valley for the weekend." He looked at me and said sure, and within 30 min. we were packed and out the door, in the car, and headed to the Valley. We snuck in through the garage when we got there and surprised his parents and 2 of his nieces. We also had another first this weekend... the first time we've ever slept in the same room at his parents house. For 2 years we have been sleeping in different rooms, even on different floors of the house most times hahaha so it was fun finally staying together. We also had the privilege of being woken up by his niece in the morning hahaha. Anyways, friday was our one month anniversary and Eric wanted to go golfing in the morning so I drove the golf cart!
Gorgeous Course

He was probably thinkin, "Les...no more!" haha

He didn't do as well as he wanted

So later in the afternoon we went on a four wheelin ride with his mom and dad and nieces. It was so fun!!!! And such a pretty ride through the mountains. I had the two girls take turns riding with me...and we had a blast!
Eric and Van on the Motorbikes

Me and Maddie on the 4 Wheeler

Me, Eric and the girls

Just a little Dirtay!

The next morning we went and cheered on Susan, Greg, Megan, and Kim at their 1/2 Marathon. It was the very first Star Valley Marathon and we were so excited to go watch their accomplishment. I was going to run, but it was too late to register when I got there :( so sad, but I'll be their next year for sure. They all did so great, and we had fun getting the girls up and ready for the morning too!
Greg did sooooo good! He got first in his age division!

We were the cheerleaders!

Our runners coming towards the finish line!!!

YAY!!! They made it!!

They were so tired!!!

Aww..we love each other!!!

Uncle Eric playing with Maddie!!!

After we left the race Eric and I decided to take the girls to go get ice cream cause it was so hot outside! And then.......we played in the sprinkles...as Kamdyn calls it! hahahaha
Uncle Eric loves his nieces!

Cute girls!

Sprinkles time :) lol!

Yeah..I'm a sucka...

So FABULOUS!

So Glamorous!! haha They stole my sunglasses!
That afternoon our friend Tyler came to go visit and go golfing again with Eric, and then stayed for dinner!!! Harrison and hung out! :)


Talk about Food!

YUMM!

and then a gorgeous rainbow!!!
Sunday Eric turned 29 and we celebrated his Birthday after church with friends, (Jordan, Angie, and the kids) and family!!!! We had PIZZA, and Rootbeer, and cake!!! Yep I sure did make it..with a little help! :) lol!
Serving UP

Mouth Full!

Eric getting his birthday spankings!

Yay my Very OLD husband! haha

Eric's Chocolate Pudding Cake made upon request!

The Birthday Boy!

The gorgeous Sunset we saw before we left!

We had an Amazing weekend with friends and Fam and didn't want to leave! But leave we must! :(







2 comments:

  1. I still love reading yours and Eric's story. It is still as cute as it was last January!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES IT WAS A GREAT SURPRISE AND A WONDERFUL WEEKEND. THANKS FOR EVERYTHING AND JUST BEING HERE.
    LOVE YOU BOTH, MOM AND DAD

    ReplyDelete