Wednesday, September 7, 2011

The Medical Side of Things

Wow...So mush has been happening lately so I just wanted to post an update or two on in the same blog so hopefully this doesn't get too confusing. First I thought I should update yall on how my new position at work is going. First plus about the new Job...Scrubs...all day long...mandatory...its like going to work in your pajamas everyday...love it.

Secondly, I have been trained now in registering, and interviewing, and doing physical examinations on donors, and now I am sticking people. :) First I practiced on dummy arms so I didn't hurt someone, but very quickly they moved me to sticking real people, and they say I'm a natural so YAY!!


Moving on, my very sweet and wonderful younger brother Aaron is 21, and in the Marines. I love his guts, and was very saddened when he sent me this picture text last week.
This is an X-ray of his spine, you can also see on the left side, that right pelvis sits much higher than the left side. He was diagnosed with scoliosis when he was a kid, but every time my parents would take him in to be examined, they always said it was minor and nothing needed to be done. We it's not so minor anymore. 3 1/2 yrs in the military will do that to a spine I guess. It has gotten much worse since he joined the military, and he goes back to the orthopedist on friday, but a very long and serious surgery awaits him. They are talking rods, hooks, pins, the works. I feel soooooooo bad for him, so please keep my brother in your prayers, he is gonna need them. 



No comments:

Post a Comment