Thursday, January 3, 2013

NOLA

I would have written this post sooner but I've been having computer issues. Apparently I just have way too much saved on my computer between the movies, music, and pictures I don't have any more space to load all the pictures from my camera from Eric and I's trip to NOLA, also known as n'awlins….or New Orleans for those of you who really don't know what I'm talking about! Eric is working on getting me a new hard drive for my Mac, so until then... I can only share the photos I took from my iPhone/Instagram.

Eric and I made the 2.5 hr. drive down to New Orleans Saturday morning the 29th and stayed through the night of the 30th. We stayed at the Hilton on Saint Charles Street, and felt very spoiled in such a fancy hotel. While we were there we spent time at the Riverwalk Marketplace looking through all the shops, ate at Drago's (best charbroiled oysters we have ever eaten!!), walked around the French Quarter, ate beignets at Cafe Du Monde, went to BMC (a Jazz club - we danced and listened to good music), ate breakfast at The Ruby Slipper (recommended by a local and was well worth the hour wait in the freezing cold for a table), again spent the day walking around the French Quarter visiting Jackson Square, St. Louis Cathedral, the French Market ( the oldest market in America), and enjoyed all the shops we could go in. It was a blast just spending time with Eric…3 days straight, uninterrupted, and just having fun together. Eric keeps telling me he isn't happy with me back in school cause I'm not fun anymore. I told him I'm glad I'm back in school because I hate staying home all day having to try and find things to keep myself busy…I told him if I had a baby I would be okay with it though…bahaha hint hint. Enjoy the pics: (hopefully I can add some better pics soon).

Beignets and hot chocolate at Cafe du Monde

BMC Jazz club in the French Quarter

Listening and dancing to good Jazz!


More Jazz….you can seriously walk down the street and there are people on every corner playing or singing jazz music.

At St. Louis Cathedral


Freezing our bums off waiting for breakfast! We had the BEST breakfast! Expensive but worth it!

Inside our hotel!

Shopping in the French Quarter…Eric really wanted to buy a voodoo doll but resisted the urge! Bahaha!

Waiting for Mr. B's…this is where I had a bout of impatience and we left without eating… so I promised Eric I will take him back again sometime and we will eat there. 2 hours is just not worth it to me.

Every year Eric buys me an ornament for our Christmas tree an it's supposed to symbolize something meaningful we've done together during the year.  This was mine this Christmas…he was nice enough to let me pick it out. 

We had a wonderful trip and our looking forward to my graduation and hopefully many trips to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment