Thursday, January 17, 2013

The Big 2-5

It's true! I turned 25 on Tuesday! I had a wonderful Birthday…well sorta hahaha. It all started when I found out that I would be in clinical all day on my Birthday from 6am-3pm. Ahhhh! When I arrived to the parking lot where the staff all park our cars to catch the shuttle to the hospital, I locked the keys in my car with my lunch box. So I spent the day working my bum off in the PICU and never ate. Plus my mom had to bring me the keys to get back in my car! YIKES! yeah not quite the start to my birthday I would have wished for but it turned out great. I arrived home to find Eric had played sneaky from work and stayed home all day. He cleaned the house and had a nice dinner already to cook. Unfortunately I never got to eat that meal because Eric invited all my family over at 7 for cake and I didn't get home till 6:30. By the time we celebrated and had cake and they left it was almost 9. It was too late to eat dinner and so Eric and I just cuddled up and hung out before I had to head off to bed again for another early morning. I got a few Amazing gifts for my Birthday. First off, Eric's parents bought me a spa package to my favorite spa in the area. I am so excited to go get a massage and pedicure and whatever else I choose to get. Eric got me a Fitbit one and he bough a second for himself. It is a wireless activity and sleep tracker. He thought they would be good for us to wear as we try to be healthier and monitor our activity and health. I'm so excited to setup my account and start using it. We are making a competition to see who can travel the further distance in a day by walking, running, or whatever and who burns the most calories. Nothing like a little competition to get us back in shape quick!

I guess there is a scale on its way that comes with an ap for my iphone. So when we weigh in we can keep track of our progress. From all this you would assume that he and I are overweight hahaha but we're not, we are just really excited about trying to be healthier in all aspects of our lives.
I got to celebrate my birthday with me family the weekend before my birthday at Moe's BBQ. They have the best BBQ anywhere around, and you know the South has good BBQ. It was fun and loved the family time.
I love my husband! Happy Birthday to ME!

The family at Moe's BBQ

Sweet Allie is getting so big!

So is Mr. Thomas!

I feel so blessed to have so many people in my life who I love and love me too hehe! Thanks again to all my FB friends out there too! I feel so loved and blessed to be able call you my friends! Here's to being OLDer…and hopefully WISER! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment