Sunday, January 20, 2013

L.T.B.

L.T.B….. also stands for lift, tone, burn, and is the motto my new place of workout, and I've been doing a lot of that this weekend. As a Birthday gift from my mom, I received a gift card to attend Pure Barre! I don't know if many people have heard of it, and it is seriously the best kept secret! "Pure Barre is an intense, non-impact work out that utilizes small isometric movements done at the ballet barre which promises to lift tone and burn fat; the followers of pure barre claim it is the fastest most effective way to transform your body." It is seriously a killer work out but probably unlike any other I have ever done. The isometric movements we do have me shaking and my muscles burning yet I don't sweat uncontrollably like I do at zumba class. It is more like a mixture of ballet, yoga, and pilates. It is awesome and I already feel the burn…in fact I feel it EVERYWHERE! I ache in places I didn't even know I worked out. Here's to reaching my goal weight! and my goal toned body!

Oh and as a side note…I've been doing really well with eating healthy! I made a very expensive but much needed grocery shopping trip this weekend and loaded up and pantry and fridge with healthy foods. I've been drinking water mostly and skim milk occasionally (with my breakfast shakes). I'm sticking to lean meats, veggies, and fruits, and trying to stay away from processed foods and carbs as much as possible. I do eat whole wheat bread and tortillas occasionally to get some grains in, and stick to low fat cheeses, nuts with no salt, and diet sodas when I feel like eating something like that. I also have been trying to keep my portions small. It's crazy because I can already tell my stomach is shrinking and I get full a lot faster now. My issue before was eating out because my family eats out all together at least once if not more than that a week. I have found that if I put half the meal in a to go box as soon as I get my food, then I will eat a smaller portion and I stick to ordering meals that are in my "healthy foods" category like fish, and chicken, steak even, and then steamed veggies. I don't completely ban myself from eating certain foods but I try and stick to one bite (just a taste) to quench my craving. I am using my fitbit religiously right now and if I stick to my plan I should be at my goal in April!! Woot Woot for ahead of schedule!!!

Pure Barre! L.T.B. !!

2 comments:

  1. whoa this sounds awesome! i'd totally go to this class with you if we lived closer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you did so you could I would love that! It is a blast!!! If you ever get the chance to try it you should definitely go for it!

    ReplyDelete