Sunday, October 30, 2011

Scripture Power...Not My Plan

Doesn't this picture just Scream Stress!!! hahahaha

Lately I have had a lot on my mind. Sometimes I let all the stress and worry I create get the best of me, and thankfully I have a wonderful husband who is patient and sweet and loving. Today sitting in church I realized that my plan isn't always the Lord's plan. Yes, I've heard that before but I don't think I always let words sink in like they should. I've always been very independent, at least when it comes to not letting others tell  me what to do, or sway my personal beliefs, in fact I'm kinda stubborn and bratty when things don't go the way I think they should, ask my family...hahaha or Eric for that matter. Anyways, life has been pretty stressful with trying to sell my car, and paying for grad school applications, and working a job that pays the bills, but you know you could be doing more with your education so going to work everyday is less than thrilling. Anyways I know everything will work out, it's not my plan, as much as I wish life was that easy....You know, submit your life plan to heavenly father and say here you go and he approves it cause it's full with righteous desires. hahaha Yeah that would be nice, in a perfect world right? Well anyways I know I'm not the only person out there who wishes their plan for themselves is the one Heavenly Father has for them, but I did add somewhere in to my life plan between Freshman and Sophomore year of college Eric would be my husband and I got exactly that and couldn't be happier. So if that is the only part of my plan I created for myself that Heavenly Father gives to me then I'll take it, because ERIC has and will always be the love of my life, and knowing that I am his is the best blessing I've ever received. "The church is true, then what else matters!" 

When I was a little girl my babysitter who was only 17 died in a horrible car accident. At her funeral they sang the song "I Walk by Faith", and now I can't sing the song without crying, but whenever I hit a bump in the road, or notice times get hard, I think of, Crystal and her faith and the love she taught me to have for my Savior when I was little, and I sing this song and it gives me strength. Even though she was only in my life for a short amount of time, her testimony was strong and it still helps me through times in my life when things are hard. Right after she passed, my dad told me that she would watch over me from heaven now, and sometimes I know she is there with me...my guardian angel, helping me through those high hurdles in life.  :) 

Oh yeah and seeing as how I'm on the topic of religion and church, I realized I haven't shared with you that Eric and I both have received callings in our ward....it was a couple months ago, but I forgot to share. Eric was called to be the Ward Mission Leader, and I was called to co-teach the CTR 6/7 class with a very very new convert named Anna who is 19. It is so fun being in primary. I love the kids so much, and preparing for the primary presentation has been a blast. I can't get the songs "Scripture Power "and "I hope they call me on a mission" out of my head. Scripture Power.... Watch this and you'll be singing it too, fist pump and all!!! :)

1 comment:

  1. I hate our our plan and Heavenly Father's plan doesn't always match. His is always best though.

    ReplyDelete