Sunday, February 24, 2013

Nursing School: Over half way done

I'm over half way done now with my BSN program and coming up for air before I start back to school on Tuesday. I just completed my OB/Peds rotation at the hospital and it was amazing. I experienced things that at one point in my life I questioned if I would ever get to. I witnessed to births, vaginal and c-section, drew blood gases from an umbilical cord (which is slimy let me tell you) and I worked in the newborn nursery. The newborn nursery for me was my happy place. I loved assessing all the new little babies, and giving them their first baths. Working with those babies made me hungry for my own. I can't tell you how many baby dreams I've had since starting this last rotation. I also spent some days in the NICU and PICU. I actually got  to assess a baby who weighed 1lb and saw a baby who was born and weighed 14oz. Ahhh, crazy! It truly is amazing how far medical technology has come. I will be starting my last big clinical rotation before starting my practicum on tuesday. I can't wait to get these 7 weeks over with because it will be mostly downhill from there. 152 days till graduation!!!! Ahhhhhhhhh!!!!! I can do it, right?? Let's hope so. I did pass my mid-curricular HESI! yay!!!! One less thing to worry about :)


From white to blue, now I'll be back in white….did I mention I hate the white scrubs! :(

No comments:

Post a Comment