Sunday, June 19, 2011

Adjustments

Well if you've ever been married then you probably understand the reasoning for this next post. Adjustments. It's one of the biggest parts of starting a marriage off. A friend told me this week, the first year is an adjustment, the third year is hard, and the seventh year is rough, but once you make it through those years its pretty smooth sailing..hahahha Well Eric and I have already been making lots of adjustments. Some are definitely more easy than others, some are fun, and some are gonna take time to get used too, but I just think of it like this, its all part of the fun of NEWLYWED LIFE....
Adjustment #1. Family Ward! Eric and I attended our new family ward today for the first time, and we both really liked it. We already met tons of people our age that are pretty newly married, and they all live in our apartment complex or down the street. We are even so cool that they already added us into their River Oaks couple texts as they call it, and all the couples get together and do BBQs and go out on doubles and things like that, so yay for new friends. Neither of us are shy so we had no problem introducing ourselves today, but Eric told me that we can't be friends with couples that have children hahaha he's kidding..I think..hahah anyways church was fun but definitely an adjustment from a singles ward. Babies staring at me all sacrament making cute faces and smiling and laughing is my main distractor, I can't help it. They are just so darn cute. Also a distractor, Eric falling asleep haha and also playing games like figure out where that person is from based on their accent, and who in this group is as Glen Beck referred to as, The Amazing Mr. Plastic Man, in the room. hahaha.
#2. Not having enough room for all mine and Eric's stuff. We've been checking for other places to live in the area that are larger than where we are living right now, cause we're in a one bedroom and between me and him and no storage space, we are becoming creative of where to put stuff. Thankfully we were able to use some of our gift cards to get some organizers a cute bookshelf some baskets, and stuff, but with all the decorations from the wedding left over we are going to be busy on KSL soon trying to sell stuff just cause we don't have a place to put it. But the thing is, this place is super nice, very safe, we just moved all his stuff in, and very affordable (which is hard to find in the area). Not so hard in Rexburg. I saw a super nice 3 bdrm 2 bath house to rent for under $700 in Rexburg on KSl, and that included almost all of the utilities, and it was newly remodeled. We pay about that for our 1 bdrm. I told Eric we need to move  back hahaha.
#3. Finances.....oh yes that dreadful word. hahaha right now Eric is just moving into the Valley after being in WY. so he is busy and back on the prowl for a job. It has been quite a feat trying to find him work around here in his chosen profession so right now he is kinda looking for anything and will just work until something opens up for him or he gets into grad school. This means we will be on a tight budget for awhile, but I have all the faith that as long as we pay our tithing and live our lives in accordance with the gospel we will be blessed, and thus far we have been. Before the wedding I could see no way how we could survive off of just my income to pay all mine and his bills, but the more I budget everything just works out and we will survive just fine. We may not be able to do or buy everything we want at this time but we won't have to go into debt either.
#4. Fun stuff I love about being married!
- Always having Eric there in the morning to make me laugh, I am so not a morning person but he surely is. Which I never realized really until recently.
-Announcing myself as Lesley Hale at Church for the first time...fun but still weird. hahah
-hearing everyone refer to me as his wife...I love it!!!!!
-Having help around the house to clean and put things away.
-Having Eric be so handy, he hung all our curtains, and pictures ....not one of my many talents.
-He is so cute and most days he packs my lunch for work and leaves me cute little notes.
-Him serenading me with his guitar as I put on my makeup.
-Having him take the trash out!!! LOVE LOVE
-We are already thinking alike, hahaha, we both wanted to watch the same movie after church and said it at the same time...hahaha

Well there is plenty more of this we are getting adjusted to, but its been fun thus far, stressful at times, but never a regret of the BEST decision we've both made to be together forever. We love each other and this is just the beginning to the most wonderful and wild adventure he and I will take together. LOVE HIM!

No comments:

Post a Comment