Thursday, June 16, 2011

Honeymoon in the Cabin

Do to my short time frame off work for the wedding (very sad :( ) Eric and I had to keep the honeymoon small and plan for a  BIG trip later. I was ok with that. Originally my dad was going to pay for the honeymoon but after him being in the hospital for 5 months that just wasn't feasible. So we planned...well Eric planned....are own little honeymoon. The first night after the wedding we stayed at the Little America in the honeymoon suite!!! That was another gift from his parents to us! Super Sweet! The place was super nice and and had a huge bathroom! I took pictures but I promised eric I wouldn't put them on here hahaha. Alright so then Thursday after the reception we drove 2 hrs....yes 2 hrs...got in about midnight to his parents cabin up in the mountains in wyoming that they have a time share on. I t was really nice...His sister Kyli and his mom went up early and decorated it for us, and stocked the fridge and pantry....I think we could have been set for a good 2 months instead of 2 days. hahhaha We hiked and had lots of fun while we were there but it definitely wasn't long enough. The last day of the honeymoon we drove back down to Salt Lake and stayed at the Grand America! Now that place is luxury! We had a bellhop take us up to our room on the 15th floor, where Eric had set up for rose petals to be scattered on the floor all the way to the bedroom and then he had a heart shaped with rose petals placed on the bed with music playing, and chocolate covered strawberries, and the lights all dimmed. Just gorgeous. The bathroom was huge with an enormous closet, and everything was covered with marble and floor to ceiling mirrors. It was a dream!!! Just Stunning. We had the pleasure of going to their indoor pool and spa, totally worth the money, and we ate dinner at the Garden Cafe. I think our bill was close to 100$ just for the two of us to eat dinner, but man was that food delicious....like umm have you ever ordered an 18oz steak at a restaurant before...yeah thats what Eric got. I got this amazing chicken fettucini alfredo with bacon and peas in it!!! YUMMY! Anyways the trip was short but still Fabulous!!! and we can't wait to go on our BIG trip...we are still trying pick a place where we want to go cause there are so many its hard to narrow it down!!!!!
View from our Hotel room of the Valley


Eric snuck a picture

The dining table in the cabin

Our menu for the days we were there....all meals were planned in advance

The welcome sign on the door

The Bedroom was decorated so lovely for us!

The cabin den

Us @ 2 am trying to get unpacked and the stove to work

our food for 2 months, I mean days hahah

the cutsie toilet paper

out hiking...yeah I know...not a good hair day hahah

the deer we saw

Eric takin in the scenery

The Happy Newlyweds

2 comments:

  1. Lesley!! This sounds so much like my honeymoon that was exactly a year ago. We stayed in a cabin and packed way too much food and just had so much fun!! So fun! I'm so happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like an AMAZING honeymoon!! Honestly that's exactly what I wanted..but we didn't have a clue how to do it! ha ha I'm SOOO happy for you and love seeing how happy you are in all of your pictures!! I Love ya girl!!

    ReplyDelete